OEP Clinical Curriculum Instructor
2950 N Dobson, Suite 11
Chandler, AZ, 85224
Dr. Lewis has been in the private practice of optometry in Arizona since 1981. He is currently co-owner and managing partner of Family Optometry in Chandler, Arizona. He received his B.S. from Pacific University in 1980 and his OD from Pacific University College of Optometry in 1981.
Dr. Lewis has traveled, on numerous occasions, to provide vision services for those in need in Mexico. Dr. Lewis has served as an expert advisor developing police vision requirements in Oregon, California, and New Mexico. Dr. Lewis has been heavily involved in education and community mental health. He has served as an officer for local service clubs, and as a member of advisory boards for Mesa School District; the largest district in Arizona. Dr. Lewis also served as a board member of Tricity Community Behavioral Services, a not-for-profit corporation serving mental health needs, for 14 years; serving as Chairman of the Board from 1994-1996.
Dr. Lewis was twice president of his local optometric society, is past director of the Sun Valley Behavioral Vision Conference, and currently serves as adjunct professor for Pacific University College of Optometry. Dr. Lewis is a charter member of The Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association. Dr. Lewis has been a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development since 1992.
He was a founding board member and instructor for the Baltimore Academy of Behavioral Optometry and is now an instructor for the Clinical Curriculum of OEPF. Dr. Lewis served for over 15 years as the state director for the Optometric Extension Program Foundation and now serves as trustee of the OEPF. Dr. Lewis is the author of "A Behavioral Approach to Vergence Problems", "VT Scholarship Programs", and “Remediation of Strabismus and Amblyopia in the Preschool Child” published by the Optometric Extension Program Foundation.
- 1975-1980 Pacific University , Forest Grove, Oregon, B.S. degree 1980
- 1981 Pacific University, Forest Grove, Oregon, OD degree
Activities and Awards
- 1985-Date; State Director, Optometric Extension Program Foundation
- 1985-1999; Board Member, Tricity Community Behavioral Health
- 1994-1996; President and Chairman of the Board, Tricity Community Behavioral Health
- 1990-2002; President of the Board, Housing Opportunities Unlimited
- 1992 Fellow, The College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- 1999-Date; Adjunct Faculty, Pacific University College of Optometry
- 1991-2002; Founding Board Member and Instructor, Baltimore Academy for Behavioral Optometry
- 2002-Present Instructor for Clinical Curriculum, OEPF
- 2001 to 2003; Ex-officio Member Optometric Extension Program Foundation
- 2003-Present; Trustee Optometric Extension Program Foundation
- "A Behavioral Approach to Vergence Problems"
- "VT Scholarship Programs"
- “Remediation of Strabismus and Amblyopia in the Preschool Child”