VT/Visual Dysfunctions (VT1)
This page has the readings that support your learning and implementation of the VT/Visual Dysfunctions Course (VT 1). These readings include a number of resources to help you get the most you can from your OEP Clinical Curriculum experience.
- AOA Joint Policy Position Statement, "The Efficacy of Vision Therapy", 1986/87, JAOA Volume 59, Number 2, 2/88
- AOA, AAO Joint Policy Statement, "Vision Therapy: Information for Health and Other Allied Professionals", Optometry and Vision Science, Vol. 76, No. 11, 1999
- Cooper, Jeffrey, "Summary of the Research on the Efficacy of Vision Therapy for Specific Visual Dysfunctions"
- Forrest, Elliott B. "Visual Imagery and the Plateau Spiral in Myopia Control", Skeffington Symposium
- Francke, Amiel, W., Kaplan, Walter, J., "Easier and More Productive Study and Desk Work", JAOA, 11/91
- Harris, Paul, Gormley, Lauren, "Changes in Scores on the COVD Quality of Life Assessment Before & After Vision Therapy a Multi-Office Study", JBO, Vol. 18, 2007 No. 2
- Karni, Avi, "Adult Cortical Plasticity and Reorganization", Science and Medicine, January/February 1997
- Scheiman, M., et. al., "A Randomized Clinical Trial of Treatments for Convergence Insufficiency in Children", Arch Ophth/Vol 123, Jan 2005
- Valenti, Claude, "Crossed Cylinder Rock: A New Technique in the Training of Accommodative Convergence Function", JBO Volume 3/1992/Number 1